Using your phone’s network to place calls to distant relatives can be very pricey. A cheaper alternative is voice chatting over the Internet. One competent app that offers this service is Zello Walkie Talkie.
Zello Walkie Talkie is a free to use smartphone app for Android, BlackBerry, iOS devices, and Windows computers. Being a cross-platform app, Zello will enable group conversation between different mobile and computer users. The iOS app is sized at nearly 5 MB and is compatible with iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad running iOS version 4.2 or later. Through Zello, you can use your Wi-Fi internet or your carrier’s Internet to place calls to friends. Contacts can be saved to place calls later; group calls can also be initiated. Messages can be left for contacts even if their phones are off.
- A user-friendly cross-platform phone app
- Also has a computer version
- Lets you voice chat with people
- Interface similar to radio
- Supports group voice chat
- Saves contacts for later voice chatting
- Saves messages even if phone is off.
- Similar tools: LoudTalks and Heytell .
Check out Zello Walkie Talkie @ http://zello.com