Of course, setting a strong password is part of this. But if you’re fed up with passwords, Yahoo offers another way to sign in to your account. It’s called Yahoo Account Key.
How to Sign In Using Yahoo Account Key
- Download any of Yahoo’s mobile apps. Yahoo Mail works fine, but you can also use Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Messenger, or others.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account on the mobile app.
- On your desktop, visit your account settings. You can open them by clicking your name in the top-right corner of Yahoo, then choosing Account info.
- Select the Account security tab, then choose See how it works under the Yahoo Account Key header.
- You’ll see a list of mobile devices you’re signed into your Yahoo account with. Click Send me a notification next to the one you want to use.
- Confirm the operation by clicking Yes, send me a notification.
- You’ll get a notification on your phone from your Yahoo app. Tap Yes to confirm it.
- Back on your desktop, click Always use Yahoo Account Key to set it as the default login method.
- Now when you want to sign in to Yahoo, you’ll get a notification on your phone. Confirm it and you’re in.
Take care when using this feature. If someone attempts to break into your account, it’d be pretty easy to accidentally tap Yes. Also, we recommend you keep a passcode on your phone so that your email has an additional step protecting it.
Do you like this phone sign-in or do you prefer to stick with a password? Let us know your preference in the comments!