Many Windows XP, Vista, and 7 users are intrigued by the Windows 8 desktop icons style. Here to help them get such icons and add numerous other useful widgets is a customization app called XWidget.
XWidget is a free to use desktop application for Windows computers. The app is sized at nearly 8 MB and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. The function of the application is to let you add widgets to your desktop screen. The app comes equipped with various widgets – these include notes, a memory usage meter, a system performance widget, a weather widget, an uptime tool, a search tool, a recycler, an Internet usage monitoring tool, an IP address monitor, and an image viewer.
You can start using the application by first of all installing it on your PC. You will find its icon in the system tray, click on this icon and a row of widgets will open at the bottom of the screen. You can drag widgets from here onto your desktop screen.
The application also lets you add widgets to place on your desktop like the icons in the Windows 8 operating system. You can add widgets to the desktop and then modify the properties of a desktop icon widget to point it to any folder or file you want.
- A user friendly desktop application.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Lets you add various widgets to desktop screen.
- Widgets cover system monitors, picture viewers, and a lot more.
- Can add Windows-8-like icons to your PC desktop.
- Also read related article: 12 Great Ways of Spicing Up Your Windows Desktop.
Check out XWidget @ www.xwidget.com