Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
xCloud is an app that lets you sync your files (docs, music, videos etc) between your home PC and your mobile device (iPhone, iPad or Android device) and then access them anywhere anytime. You simply register for an account, install the app on your mobile device (it is available for iPhone and Android), install the server version on your PC, and then log in to the app at the same time.
When you are on the go, xCloud connects to your home PC and lets you easily upload files to your PC from your mobile device or download files from your PC to your mobile device. Your data is transferred directly between your mobile device and PC and is not stored on third-party servers.
It is not necessary to keep your PC open all the time. You simply log in to xCloud from your smartphone and activate the “Wake over Internet” function, which wakes your PC when needed.
The app is available for Windows on the desktop and for iOS and Android platforms on the mobile.
- Access your files remotely from anywhere anytime.
- Capture photos and instantly upload to your PC.
- Upload/download data is transferred directly between your device and PC. No 3rd party stores your data.
- Wake up your PC remotely by logging into the app.
- Supports Synology NAS devices.
- High speed – within the same WiFi network transfer speeds can be up to 10 MB/s.
- The app is available for Windows on the desktop and for iOS and Android platforms on the mobile.
- MAC version coming soon.
- Similar tools – Synx, Syncbox.
Check out xCloud @ www.xcloud.cc