When looking to connect with a nearby public Wi-Fi network, you prefer a network that is not protected by a password. But checking each Wi-Fi network for password-protection and signal strength individually can be very time consuming. You need a simple tool that scans nearby Wi-Fi networks and provides you with more information about them. WifiInfoView is precisely that tool.
WifiInfoView is a free to use desktop utility for Windows computers. The utility is small and comes as an EXE file compressed in a ZIP archive sized less than 300 KB. The app runs without installation and quickly scans nearby Wi-Fi networks for their information. You can view the signal strength of each network and its security. Router information, MAC address, strength summaries by channel, and many more details are provided by this tiny little application.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Provides information on nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Helps quickly find distinguish between password-protected and free Wi-Fi networks.
- Similar tool: WiFi Analyzer.
- Also read related articles: Two Awesome Free WiFi Scanners For The Mac .
Check out WifiInfoView @ www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html
Image source: WooThemes