You have no idea what you can do with Images
Yesterday, I had one of my sudden urges to organize my bookmarks so while moving stuff around I noticed bunch of interesting links based around images. After putting them together it looked too good to be ignored so it ended up here.
1. Passport Photo – this website offers an alternative to photo booths, what you’ll need is average printer, photo-paper and a digital photo with a neutral expression, closed mouth and open eyes.
2. Rastebator – this free online tool can create huge(upto 10m wide) custom posters out of any uploaded image. Once poster is created it’ll provide you with several A4 sized PDF docs, which can be printed out and assembled into a giant poster. I loved it, and will definitely use it for the walls in my next apartment. Check out rastebator gallery for some inspiration.
3. Mosaic Generator [No Longer Available] – here you can get mosaic version for any image you submit, mosaic created out of randomly selected images from Flickr , a popular photo sharing website.
4. FaceGen – this application lets you create 3D images of anyone. What I liked most about is extent to which images can be manipulated, for instance it can show how you’ll look in 50 years or transform your pic into monster looking face. This package isn’t free but a demo version available which is fully functional except for saving, exporting and SI logo on the forehead. on facegen by discovery channel.
5.– fun Budweiser promo tool for creating talking photos. Write down some text, upload picture(optional), select an accent and program will create a simple video of uploaded picture reading the text you have entered. There is an option to email whatever you create to others, so use your imagination. I can already think of some evil stuff :-)
6.– similar to the one above but with more features and non-free (7 day trial available)
7. Moo – get custom business cards using your flickr pictures with image in front and personal details on the back. It costs $19.99 for 100 cards (+ $4.99 delivery – anywhere in the world).
8. Iconize Me [No Longer Available] – send them a picture and based on it a professional artist will create your portrait/carricature (price varies between 40$ to 50$). Check out some samples here.
8. Pictopia (no longer online) – high quality service to produce large-scale hi-fi color prints from digital images. They will make frameable print out of any digital file you send them, it’s relatively expensive but of promising quality as these guyz specialize in ultra-large-scale prints.
9. Fliptrack – create video slide shows using selected images with favorite songs playing on the background. Process is quite simple, select a song and as it plays drag-and-drop your photos onto the timeline. check out some here
10. And some web-based image editing and resizing tools
- – light web-based photoshop alternative
- list of image resizing tools from my previous post
I will keep adding more stuff here as I discover anything cool or unusual. Feel free to contribute by posting links in comments.