Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
One way to stay updated on when it will rain would be to check the weather forecast daily. But a better, more convenient solution is offered by “The Weather Channel Text Alerts”.
The Weather Channel Text Alerts is a SMS weather updating service for people in the US. You need to create an account on the website and specify your phone number and location. You then set the weather conditions for which you would like to receive SMS notifications to your phone. For example you can set the service to send you an SMS the next time it is going to snow, rain, or be extremely cold. Surfers can use the notifications to keep in touch with sea conditions. Notifications for pollen levels, trees, ragweed, etc. can also be subscribed to.
The Weather Channel Text Alerts does not charge you anything extra for the SMS notifications – only your carrier’s rates apply.
- A user friendly service for severe weather notifications.
- Notifies you of certain weather conditions via SMS.
- You can choose the weather conditions for which you will be notified.
- Only your carrier’s charges apply.
- Similar tools: Alerts.com and UmbrellaToday.
Check out The Weather Channel Text Alerts @ www.weather.com/mobile/customtextmessaging.html