Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Waze is a user-driven mobile application (for iPhone, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and other mobile systems) that provides turn-by-turn navigation suggestions based on the real-time conditions of the road. Using it you can avoid traffic jams, and at the same time help other drivers (by sharing your driving data).
Once the app installed, it will passively record your route as you drive, and send data to Waze to update the live traffic information map. For example, Waze will know that you are stuck in traffic and appropriately update the map for others to see.
You can also actively send reports with a few easy clicks. For example, if you come across an accident or construction work that obstructs traffic, you can make a quick report for other users to see. You can also take a photo of the road and upload them to the live map.
The strength of Waze is its user-generated content. With its crowd-sourced philosophy, users can update or report errors in the live map. The more users use Waze, the better the live maps are.
In fact, Waze added a little incentive for users by giving points for hitting a waypoint in the live map. These waypoints will show as goodies in the live map. Users can drive over these goodies to help the Waze community complete the missing data in these maps.
Waze is the perfect tool for drivers that demand real-time data where today’s GPS maps cannot deliver. With updates from the Waze community, everything happens in seconds.
- Free downloads available for iPhone, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and other mobile systems.
- User-generated real-time maps help you navigate while driving.
- Quickly tells you if there is traffic, accident, or road blocks.
- Easy interface allows users to update maps by adding in missing roads, street names, junctions and more.
- Available live maps all around the world.
- Take live photos and upload them to update the map.
Checkout Waze @ www.world.waze.com