Mobile video on demand. That’s what everyone wants these days, and that’s what VuClip is all about. VuClip is just one of many digital content platforms in the world, a corner of the web dominated by the likes of Netflix and Amazon.
Like many others, VuClip started its life as a video search engine that indexed videos across the web. Today, with its over-the-top video (OTT) platform called Viu, it has transformed into a freemium streaming service with more than 9 million subscribers across six countries.
Countries covered include: India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates, so far. On the horizon are other Southeast Asian and African countries. They are driving through each region with original regional content.
Start Watching and Downloading Videos
Viu offers 40,000 hours of movies, TV shows and songs across English, and other regional languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and Bahasa. The catalog is expanding across other languages and territories.
Here are few of the key features:
- Like many OTT services, enjoy the free content without a log-in. Suffer a few ads.
- The prime content needs a subscription. You can try out the paid side with a 30-day free trial.
- You can access Viu on five devices at a time. Watch it on the Android or iPhone apps, desktop, and mobile browsers.
- Scroll across the screen and down to browse the catalog of all shows offered by the service.
- The most appealing feature of Viu is its clean interface. The videos support closed captions and you can enjoy videos with subtitles.
- Leave a video at a specific point and you can come back to resume watching it later from that very place. Or you can just use the Watchlist for later.
- Finished a video? There’s more to watch from the playlist on the right. And, you can always enable push notification alerts for the latest content.
- You can also download content to watch offline without Wi-Fi. Downloads are available in standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD).
Any Video, Any Time, Anywhere
This is the motto of Viu. And Viu seems to be serving it up with its uncomplicated features of its apps. The freemium model is a definite crowd puller as viewers get to decide on the quality of the broadcast before they decide to part with money for the paid content.
Viu (from VuClip) allows you to take your entertainment in your pocket. The offline download is a huge help in India where web access is pockmarked and not blanketed across the country. But take your turn.
Tell us if VuClip has a winner on its hand with its OTT service. Should Netflix watch its rear-view mirror? Would you pay for the premium shows?