Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Lecturers and speakers often record their presentation’s audio and appoint somebody to transcribe it. By converting the audio into text files, the audio can be made searchable on the web, making it easier for others to find.
A web service that lets you perform this task with greater ease is VoiceBase.
VoiceBase lets you upload audio files and transcribe audio to text automatically online. You can check the site’s transcription for any errors and correct them manually. The audio file, along with its transcription, is then hosted on your VoiceBase account.
You can make it public and searchable for other users. They can search the content in the transcription and jump to the audio position relevant to their search.
Free users of the service get up to 2 hours of audio storage that is kept online for a year. For more storage you can opt for the paid package.
- Transcribe audio file to text online.
- A user friendly website.
- Lets you automatically transcribe audio files.
- Lets you manually edit those transcriptions.
- Lets you make the transcriptions public.
- Others can search for text in the transcriptions.
- Others can jump to audio relevant to the search.
- Also read relate article “How To Transcribe Audio & Video Files Into Text With The Help Of Express Scribe“.
Check out VoiceBase @ www.voicebase.com