Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Memorizing new words is easier when you see them used in a real world context. VocabSushi lets you do just that. It is a free interactive vocabulary builder, which lets build your vocabulary by seeing word usage in the daily news.
You can practice words by filling out the sentence completion questions and learn the correct word pronunciations by playing the MP3 files. Words have been compiled from the actual word sets used in ISEE, ACT, GRE and other standardized tests that feature vocabulary sections.
System tracks progress of your overall vocabulary, skips the words you know and suggests words that are most challenging for you based on your learning curve. The service is free, and you need to sign up to get started.
- Interactive vocabulary builder.
- Learn new words by their usage in daily news.
- Words are taken from actual word sets used in GRE, ISEE, ACT, SAT and other standardized tests.
- System tracks progress of every word and suggests the most challenging words based on your learning curve.
- Practice new words by filling out sentence completion quizzes.
- Download printouts, MP3s and podcasts to learn words while you are offline.
- Similar website: WordAhead.
Check out VocabSushi @ www.vocabsushi.com