How to Upload Photos and Videos in HD on the Facebook Mobile App
When uploading photos or videos to Facebook using the mobile app, it defaults to standard quality. Frankly, most people would probably prefer to upload standard quality photos and videos, particularly if they’re using their mobile data to do so.
If you’re a pixel peeper and would prefer to upload the best quality possible, you can do that by changing a setting in the app. The process is slightly different depending on whether you’re an Android or iOS user.
Uploading HD Photos/Videos on Facebook iOS
- Tap the hamburger menu button in the bottom right corner.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and tap the arrow to expand the menu. Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Media and Contacts, and tap Videos and Photos.
- To upload HD video, under Video Settings toggle Upload HD on. To upload HD photos, under Photo Settings toggle Upload HD on.
Uploading HD Photos/Videos on Facebook Android
- If you’re using Android, tap the hamburger button in the top right corner. (The rest of the instructions should be the same for both operating systems.)
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Tap Media and Contacts.
- To upload HD video, toggle Upload Video in HD on. To upload HD photos, toggle Upload photos in HD on.
If you do happen to prefer to upload HD video, we’d definitely recommend doing it over WiFi given the time and expense that can be involved with uploading a pretty large file using your data. Regardless, uploading video is a great way to get Facebook likes .