Kodi repos are the bane of many users’ lives. It’s almost impossible to stay abreast of which are working, which have been depreciated, and which pose a security risk.
The problem has recently become much more prevalent thanks to the ongoing crackdown on TV Addons. For those who don’t know, the website—which had its own repo—has been accused of providing copyrighted material illegally. It’s now the subject of two lawsuits in two countries.
As a result of the crackdown, many other repos and addons closed down voluntarily in a bid to avoid similar prosecutions. The mass closure prompted us to write about Kodi repos you need to uninstall right now. But that raises the question: How exactly do you uninstall a Kodi repo?
How to Uninstall Kodi Repos
To uninstall Kodi repos, just follow the simple step-by-step instructions below. Note: This method will work on desktop, mobile, and smart TV versions of Kodi.
- Open the Kodi app.
- Make sure you’re looking at the home screen.
- Go to System > Settings.
- Click on Addons.
- On the menu in the main panel, click on Install from Repository.
- Scroll down and find the repo you want to remove.
- Click on the repo’s name to highlight it, then right-click on it.
- From the context menu, select Addon Information.
- Finally, on the last window, hit the Uninstall button.
Remember, it’s sensible to spend some time clearing out your old repos every now and again. Failure to do so leaves you exposed from a security standpoint.
For more information about how to use the app for all your home entertainment needs, check out our beginner’s guide to Kodi.
Explore more about: Kodi.