You are now running Windows 7, you read up on my previous posts relating to Windows 7 upgrade issues and downloading great desktop wallpaper for Windows 7 here. Now you want to pretty up your desktop up even more and load a new Windows 7 theme.
These Windows 7 theme files are everywhere! You will need to make sure that the file is suitable for Windows 7, then simply download and install. The themes we will cover are all featured on DeviantArt. Check them out and go grab yourself one that you like.
Let us know what your favorites are and if you find any others, let us know in the comments!
5 Cool Windows 7 Themes
The first one reminds me of Woodstock – no, I am not that old. I went to Woodstock in 1994 at the height of my childhood and had a great time. Maybe I don’t remember everything that happened out there but my fond memories of backstage Rave Stock and that 22 foot tall”¦ Um yeah I digress, check out this.
Next up for those users who want to love the Mac way of life so much but cannot commit themselves to the dark side, check out TerraNova that emulates the Mac dock as you can see below:
The next one by Oliver182 is titledand it certainly is! It is colorful and I particular like the red, black and white integration.
The next one is VERY cool and is now sitting on my desktop. It is titled Water bomb and Windows 7. It depicts a mushroom cloud explosion in water on your desktop. The overall colors of this one are gloomy but hey, maybe it’s good when you are in an exploding mood!
And next to last we have an awesome Windows 7 theme called 7x Dark Transformation Pack. Check it out.
This one is very detailed, check out the other options and how the internal folders look. You will also see information embedded in the desktop like the current date and time. These are awesome additions to any theme!
Microsoft not only offers some free themes but a method to modify your own themes as well. The free Windows 7 themes provided by Microsoft are available here and there sure are a lot of them!
These are just a few of them, visit the site to see all of them.
If you are interested in modifying your themes that you have downloaded, check out the instructions below provided directly from Microsoft:
To change parts of a theme
- Open Personalization by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type personalization, and then click Personalization.
- Click the theme that you want to change to apply it to your desktop.
- Do one or more of the following:
- To change the background, click Desktop Background, select the check box for the image that you want to use, and then click Save changes.
- To change the color of window borders, click Window Color, click the color that you want to use, adjust the intensity, and then click Save changes.
- To change the sounds for the theme, click Sounds, click an item in the Sound Schemes list, and then click OK.
- To add or change a screen saver, click Screen Saver, click an item in the Screen saver list, change any settings that you want to change, and then click OK.
Your revised theme will appear under My Themes as an unsaved theme. If you want to revert to your custom Windows 7 theme later, make sure you save it.
Do you have other Windows 7 theme resources, tips/tricks or anything that we might be interested in? Well then send them our way in the comments – what are you waiting for?
Explore more about: Windows 7.