Top 10 Most Downloaded Office Apps [Movers & Shakers]
This week we are looking at a CNet category entitled Business Software. These are applications that you can use to assist your day to day work. It doesn’t matter if you are a freelance worker or a 9 to 5’er, everyone will find an application that they either already use or something that they will. Some of the applications included in this category are Open Office, Adobe Reader and others along these lines.
1. Foxit Reader
|FoxIt has been my PDF reader of choice for some time now. I originally read about it on MakeUseOf and have been using it ever since. Less likely to be attacked and has a lot of neat features like automatically filling in a PDF and being able to save and email the form. It opens 10 times quicker than Adobe Acrobat reader so, Check it out.|
2. Adobe Reader
|Adobe created the PDF format so they have had their free reader on the market for some time now. Most corporate users use this and it has been the standard forever but if you want my recommendation – use FoxIt (see above).|
|OpenOffice offers a free suite of applications that rival Microsoft Office. If you are not a power user then its version of Word (Writer), PowerPoint (Impress), Excel (Math, Draw and Calc) will be sure to get you by. And at a much lower price than MS Office – it is hard to argue with.|
|Another PDF reader for 32-bit operating systems adds some pro features that were once only seen in Adobe Acrobat Professional. If you want to be able to drag and drop documents to create PDFs then look no further than this free alternative.|
|Now we all know that the Microsoft Office Suite is expensive and sometimes we work on computers that do not have Word available to us. In these situations, we can use the Office Word Viewer to read Word 2003 (or earlier) files. Just install and you will be able to view and print the document but not edit.|
- PowerPoint Viewer 2007 You can use this viewer to open and watch PowerPoint presentations from PowerPoint 2007 and earlier. This is very helpful for giving a presentation from a computer that does not have PowerPoint installed.
- PDF ReDirect Using this free application you can create, encrypt and append to already created PDF documents.
- Excel Calendar Template Have you ever wanted to print your own calendars – either blank or filled in? Well then, this is the application for you.
- Office Convert PDF to JPG JPEG TIFF Free Have you ever had the need to convert a PDF to another image file type? Well, if so then this will do the trick for you.
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats If you are working with Office 2003 or earlier, you might want to be able to open the new .docx or .xlsx file formats. Using this pack, you can open them and modify them in your current version without an issue.