Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Using the Internet to share images on your phone with friends sitting right next to you can become a needlessly slow process when the Internet connection is a slow one. The image sharing can be made much faster if you are both connected to the same network. Here to help you with this is a phone app called Tapestry.
Tapestry is a free to use smartphone application that is sized at nearly 5 MB and is compatible with device running Android version 2.3 or later. The application can be used to hook up with nearby Android phone owners who have Tapestry installed; the connection is made directly with them over Wi-Fi and they are shown a slideshow of images that you show them. They can conveniently view the images and choose to download the ones they want to save on their phones. The slideshow is synchronized; pinch-to-zoom and panning the images are also synchronized.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Lets you easily share images with nearby Android phones.
- Can connect over Wi-Fi directly with other phones.
- Slideshows are synchronized across all devices.
- Similar tools: PhotoCircle, and Bump.