Despite most experts agreeing that we shouldn’t have more than 150 Facebook friends (or at least we can’t maintain more than 150 meaningful relationships), some people vehemently disagree. They insist they can give an equal amount of attention to all 1,032 friends in their network. Who am I to disagree?
Frankly, it doesn’t matter whether you have 36 Facebook friends or 1,000+ connections — if you’re anything like me, you won’t be able to remember everyone’s birthday.
Luckily, you can cheat by using Facebook in conjunction with Google Calendar. How? By syncing your Facebook birthdays calendar! It’s a straightforward process. Let’s take a closer look.
How to Sync Facebook and Google Calendar
To add Facebook birthdays to your Google calendar:
- Log in to Facebook and click on Events in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down the page and locate You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar in the right-hand column.
- Right-click on Birthdays and choose Copy Link Address (don’t click on the link, it won’t do anything).
- Open Google Calendar.
- In the left-hand panel, find the section called Other Calendars.
- Click the downward-pointing arrow.
- Choose Add by URL.
- Paste in the Facebook link you copied in step three.
- Click Add calendar.
You should now see all your Facebook friends’ birthdays in your Google Calendar. If you’re a heavy Facebook user, you can repeat the process with the Upcoming Events link. You’ll never miss a party again!
If you’re using both Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook, you can also sync Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook using a third-party app. And when a birthday comes around, don’t forget to share some of the best birthday memes with your friend.