Sticky Password Pro 6.0: Keep Your Passwords Safe and Organized [Giveaway]
Online passwords are something of a double-edged sword. In order to be safe, you need to have multiple unique passwords that are complicated enough that they won’t be cracked or brute forced easily – but with every additional password, it becomes harder to track them all. The usual alternative is to use one password for everything, but this is not the path you want to take. Instead, use Sticky Password.
Sticky Password Pro 6.0 is an application that acts as a master database for all of your username/password combinations. It keeps all of them locked behind a master password, so you only need to memorize one super-strong password in order to secure a vast array of account credentials.
Sticky Password Pro 6.0 is available for USD $29.99 on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 as well as iOS 4 and higher. There is a free version with limited features — you’ll only be able to create 1 profile and it will only store up to 15 username/password combinations. But here’s the good news: this time, we’re giving away 25 copies of Sticky Password Pro 6.0 worth a total of $750 for FREE!
If you want a chance at winning a copy, all you have to do is read through this review and respond according to the instructions at the bottom of the post.
Review of Sticky Password Pro 6.0
When you first load up Sticky Password Pro after installation, it’ll ask you for a master password. This master password is crucial because it’s the one and only way for you to access all of your stored username/password details. The best piece of advice for the master password is to make it long, use letters and numbers and special characters, and make it unique.
If you suspect that you have a keylogger on your system or you’re just paranoid that someone may be able to track your keypresses, Sticky Password offers you a virtual keyboard where you can click the keys of your password for additional safety.
Not only does Sticky Password keep track of all of your different username/password combinations, it comes with a browser plugin that will automatically enter your username/password credentials on sites that you have saved. This is such a convenient feature that this feature itself might be worth the purchase.
Depending on how many times you find yourself filling in login details each day, you could end up saving a lot of time. In addition, since Sticky Password can automatically enter these details for you, you’ll be less likely to use the “Remember Me” option on account-based websites, offering an additional layer of security.
This is what the main Sticky Password dashboard looks like. It’s quite modern and well-designed – not too cluttered, not too minimal, not ugly or overly flashy. Everything is organized in a smart and intuitive way.
We’ve gone over the main features of Sticky Password in previous reviews, but for those of you who are just learning about Sticky Password for the first time, here’s a brief overview of what this great application can do:
- Individual Identities so you can have multiple users or profiles with different username/password combinations.
- Multiple Accounts where each account is tied to an application or a website.
- Imported passwords for easy password transfers from your browsers and programs to Sticky Password.
- Ignored and Trusted websites to which Sticky Password will react differently.
- Password generator that will create some of the strongest passwords for you.
- Database encryption (military-grade AES) so your passwords remain safe even when accessed.
- Phishing protection so that Sticky Password won’t send your sensitive details to imposter websites.
- Secure Memos to store other sensitive data: software licenses, credit cards, bank accounts, etc.
The latest version of Sticky Password implemented a few cool features that you may find useful:
- Portable version that lets you take Sticky Password with you on-the-go without the need to install. Combine it with the iOS app and you can keep your passwords sync’d with you no matter where you are.
- Account grouping allows you to keep your password accounts organized by sorting them under various categories that you create and control.
- Bluetooth unlocking allows you to set one of your own Bluetooth-enabled devices as the “switch” for gaining access to Sticky Password. Without that device nearby, the Sticky Password dashboard won’t open up.
Again, we’re giving away 25 free copies of Sticky Password Pro 6.0 to all of our beloved MakeUseOf fans and readers. Please be reminded that Sticky Password Pro 6.0 is only available for Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 as well as iOS 4 and higher.
How do I win a copy of Sticky Password Pro 6.0?
We have a new giveaway procedure in place, which will hopefully make participating much easier. You may enter using your Facebook credentials (which will require you to sign into Facebook) or by submitting your name and email address. You’ll receive one entry simply by doing so.
After that, you’ll also be offered various methods to earn additional entries. They range from sharing a link to this giveaway on social networks; to commenting or visiting a specific page. The more you participate, the higher your chances of winning!
This giveaway begins now and ends Friday, May 17th. The winners will be selected at random and informed via email.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.