Spotify knows what music you like. Yes, even those guilty pleasures you only listen to when no one else is around. And as an early Christmas gift, the music streaming service has compiled everything it knows about your musical journey through 2018.
Spotify Wrapped gives you a customized look at your streaming habits through 2018. You’ll be able to find out how many hours you’ve spent listening to Spotify, your favorite genres, artists and songs, and much more besides. All personalized for you.
How to See Your Spotify Wrapped for 2018
To see your year in music for 2018, just visit SpotifyWrapped.com, and connect with Spotify. This just means signing in to your account and giving permission for 2018 Wrapped to access your account. So do make sure you’re on the right website first.
— Spotify (@Spotify) December 6, 2018
Once you’ve connected your account, Spotify will start telling you all about your streaming habits through 2018. So if you pretend to be a metalhead when you actually prefer Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj, make sure no one is looking over your shoulder before finding out:
- The first song you listened to in 2018.
- How many minutes you spent listening to Spotify.
- How many hours you spent with your favorite artist.
- Your top artists, songs, and genres of music.
- Your top 100 songs of 2018 (in a playlist).
- Your favorite musical subgenre.
- The oldest song you listened to in 2018.
- The podcasts you listened to in between songs.
- The songs Spotify thinks will help you broaden your horizons.
Spotify makes it clear that this is a customized experience designed for each individual user. Which means your Wrapped could differ from mine. This will depend on the type of account you have, and how you use Spotify. Still, it’s fascinating nonetheless.
Your Listening Habits Aren’t So Secret Now
Spotify Wrapped has become something of an annual tradition now. And it’s fascinating to see your listening habits laid out in such bare terms. And while we wish the streaming service would fix these common Spotify problems , we hope Wrapped is back in 2019.