Uploading a file to the Internet and then sharing its download link carries the risk of your file being downloaded by anybody who has the download link. If you are looking for a more secure yet simple online file sharing solution, you should check out a site called Send Anywhere.
Send Anywhere is a free to use web service that lets you transfer files online, directly to the recipient’s machine. You start by specifying which file you want to send. You then click on the Send button and are given a code which you need to give to the file’s recipient.
The recipient needs to enter the code in the site’s Receive box within 10 minutes and you need to keep your browser open meanwhile.
When the code is accepted, the transfer is initiated and the file is copied from your computer to the recipient’s machine.
In addition to the desktop browser version, Send Anywhere offers free and premium phone applications for Android devices.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Also offers Android applications.
- Transfers files directly from your machine to recipient’s.
- Recipient needs to have a transfer code to receive file.
- No download URLs are shared.
- Files are not kept uploaded on servers.
Check out Send Anywhere @ http://www.send-web.com