Screenbird: Easy-To-Use Online Screen Recording Tool
Sometimes the best way to show someone how to do perform certain tasks on your PC (set up applications, use a website, etc) is to simply record the action on your screen and then share it with that person. If you need to quickly record your screen and easily share it online, check out Screenbird. It is a web-based tool that lets you record your screen right from your browser. It doesn’t require you to install any additional plug-ins or add-ons.
You need a Java plug-in for your browser, though. To start recording, simply go to their homepage and click “Record Now” at the top of the screen.
Once the Java applets loads, click the red record button to start recording your screen actions. When you are done, click stop. You can replay your recorded video and keep re-recording until you are happy with the result. Once your video is ready, enter a description (optional) and click “Upload” to save it online.
You will receive the video’s URL (e.g. http://screenbird.com/G43Q91ZQ/), which you can then share online with others. Or you can simply save a copy of your video (in MP4 format) on your local drive.
You can record your screen without registration or signing in. But if you want to store your videos online, you will have to sign up online or sign in with Facebook or Google.
- Requires Java browser plugin to run the on-screen applet.
- YouTube integration. Upload videos to YouTube from your account with a single click.
- Pause/Redo parts of recording.
- Capture whole screen or only a part.
- Record audio.
- Videos expire after 6 months.
- Works on Windows, Mac and Linus platforms.
- No registration to record, download or upload videos online.
- No software download.
- Similar tools – HyperCam2, Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder
Check out Screenbird @ www.screenbird.com
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.