Scratchpad: An Easy Note Taking Application [Windows]
The Windows OS comes with a nifty note taking application called Notepad. But Notepad lacks the quick accessibility that many other note taking applications offer. Here to bridge that gap between accessibility and simplicity is an excellent tool called Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is a free to use freeware application for Windows computers. The app is sized at nearly 800 KB and does not require installation. You open and hide the Scratchpad by simply using the Windows logo key along with the S key; the quick opening and hiding feature makes the application unobtrusive and also quickly accessible when you need it to be.
You can use the Ctrl and S keys to save your notes as text files; the Ctrl and O keys can be used to open previously saved notes. Another functionality offered by the app is setting a template; you can modify the app’s default template text file to give yourself a framework to work with each time you open Scratchpad.
- A user-friendly desktop application.
- Works with Windows computers.
- Lets you easily take notes.
- Can quickly open and hide through hotkey.
- Lets you set a default template.
- Similar Applications: Squarespace Note, Quick Notes, Post-It Popnotes , and Boxes.