Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
The Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the hottest smartphones on the market, and with good reason. The phone is jam-packed with awesome features.
Did you just get yourself a Galaxy S III? If you’re not used to such an advanced phone, it might be a difficult adjustment. Out Galaxy S III Cheat Sheet is just what you need to get accustomed to using your hot new phone. If you find our tips and trick cheat sheet to be helpful, take a moment and share it with your friends!
Here is a text version of the Samsung Galaxy S III Tips And Trick Cheat Sheet:
Quick Tips from Samsung
- Share Shot: this camera mode lets you share photos with multiple users simultaneously.
- An LED indicator can alert you to a missed call/message/incoming notifications: Settings -> LED Indicator.
- Smart Stay: Settings -> Display -> Smart Stay. Lets camera sense when you are facing the screen, keeping it on regardless of the screen timeout settings.
Hide Unused Apps in the App Drawer
- Open the App Drawer.
- Tap the menu Button and select Hide Applications.
- Select apps you want to hide.
- Tap Done.
Note: to bring them back, go to Menu and select Show hidden applications.
Smart Motion Gestures
- Direct Call: While texting someone, put the phone to your ear to call that person.
- Smart Alert: Once you pick up the phone, it will remind you of any missed notifications.
- Tap to Top: Tap above the earpiece on the device to go to the top of a list.
- Tilt to Zoom: Tilt the device towards you to zoom in; tilt away to zoom out.
- Pan to Move Icons: Hold an icon and move your device to the left or right.
- Pan to Browse Images: Hold a zoomed image or web page and move the device in any direction to pan around.
- Shake to Update: Shake the device while in Bluetooth/an app/email to get updates/refresh.
- Turn Over to Mute: Turn the phone over to mute a notification or an incoming call alert.
- Palm Swipe Capture: Swipe the side of your palm across the screen to take a screenshot.
- Palm Touch Mute: Hold your hand flat on the screen to mute sounds or pause a video.
Share files via S Beam
(To enable it go to: Settings->More Settings and select S Beam (make sure that NFC is ON). The NFC stans for Near Field Communication.
- Navigate to the file you want to send to another Galaxy SIII.
- Hold the back of your Galaxy SIII up to the back of another Galaxy SIII.
- Tap to “beam” when asked to.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS when you’re not using them.
- Lower the screen brightness: Settings -> Display -> Brightness.
- Decrease the screen timeout: Settings -> Display -> Screen timeout.
- Avoid live wallpapers.
- Turn on power-saving settings: Settings -> Power saving
- Adjust email settings: Settings -> account name ->Email check frequency (the less, the longer your battery life).