Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Android TV is taking the world of set-top streaming boxes by storm. The Nvidia Shield has been grabbing all the headlines, but cordcutting enthusiasts are also buying lesser-known Android TV devices in droves. They’re a perfect way to run Kodi on your TV.
Once you’ve installed apps on your device and then made icons for all of them, how do you reorder the apps on your home screen? The feature has been available since 2016, and it’s fairly straightforward to use.
How to Reorder Apps on Android TV
- Power up your device and wait until you see the home screen displayed on the screen.
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Go to Preferences.
- Next, choose Home Screen.
- Select Apps and Games Rows.
- Choose either Re-order Apps Row or Re-order Games Row.
- You will be returned to the relevant row, but with the background grayed out.
- Use your remote control to reorder the apps. The Select button either selects or deselects an app, the directional buttons move the selected app left or right along the row.
Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Preferences > Home Screen > Apps and Games Rows and slide the toggle next to Sort automatically by recent usage.
Do you use Android TV? Have you taken the time to reorder the apps on the home screen? You can let us know in the comments below.
Image Credit: Andrey_Popov via Shutterstock