Regular expressions are very powerful, and many people find it tough to cope without their unusual syntax. Here is a web based regular expression testing tool which helps you with learning and testing regular expression patterns.
It enables you to enter regular expressions, and see matches in real-time with an easy to use interface. In the sidebar you can view sample regular expression snippets with descriptions and usage examples. This helps you learn regular expressions through trial and error.
RegExr lets you save your regular expression patterns locally. You can also search and use the regular expressions created by other users. You might want to check out the RegExr desktop version here.
- Write, edit and test regular expressions.
- Roll over your expression to see information on specific elements.
- Built-in regex guide, just double click entries to insert them into your expression.
- Save your expressions locally.
- Search for regular expressions written by other community users and share your own.
- Free for use, no registration required.
Check out RegExr @ www.gskinner.com/RegExr