Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Are you fond of creating your own crossword puzzles for print? Then you should try out Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker! It is a website that allows you to create customized puzzles online. This fun app features a variety of puzzles: word search, criss-cross, double puzzles, fallen phrases, math squares, mazes, letter tiles, cryptograms, number blocks and hidden message.
Creating puzzles is fairly simple, just enter the answers that you would like to include in the puzzle and tweak the setup of how you would like your puzzle to look like. You can preview what you created and make the necessary changes before finally printing out the puzzle.
While the web version offers only simple puzzle creations, users may opt to buy the CD-ROM version which includes more features. Nevertheless, this is a very handy website for people who like create their own puzzles.
- Create your own customized puzzles.
- Choose from over 10 puzzle types.
- Edit your puzzles easily.
- Also generates puzzle solutions.
- Choose from HTML or text output type of some puzzles.
- Free, no signup is required.
- Similar tools: OnlineCrosswords, CrossTips.
Check out Puzzlemaker @ www.puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com