<firstimage=”//static.makeuseof.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/posterous-app-intro.png” />One of the things that makes Posterous so attractive to users is its simplicity. As we’ve detailed in the past, you can use it to Start Your Own Personal Photo Blog The Dead Simple Way. It works with a lot of other apps and posting things to your account is really easy. With your phone, you can post simply by emailing content or via text message.
If you have an iPhone, sharing and posting just got even easier. The new Posterous app [App Store link] helps you upload photos, video and text and post it to your social profiles. You don’t even need to have an account to use it.
What Can I Do With This App?
The Posterous mobile app gives you power over everything in your account. Here’s what you can do with this app:
- Your posts can include any mix of text, photos and videos. You can also add geolocation and category tags.
- Share posts automatically with over 25 of your social profiles, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, WordPress, Tumblr and Flickr.
- Use your other iPhone apps while your uploads to Posterous work in the background.
- Image galleries and videos are automatically resized for mobile viewing.
All of this can be done without taking the time to create a Posterous account. If you opt to go ahead and register for one, you can:
- Manage multiple sites, including private sites.
- Create group sites on the fly so anyone around you can contribute.
- Post to your online site via email or with the Posterous web editor.
- Update existing posts and manage comments.
Posterous’ future plans for their iPhone app include direct post editing, landscape post viewing, multiple photo selection and displaying attachments as thumbnails. You can find out more about this app on Posterous’ mobile page.
You can view a tour of the Posterous iPhone application by watching this video:
Source: Tech Crunch