Whether you’re serious about building your ideal home , looking for some inspiration or simply enjoy passing the time by planning out your perfect abode, you’re probably considering using software to create your dream plan. There are a lot of home design solutions out there – some free, some premium – so which one is right for you?
Planner 5D is a browser-based entrant to the home design software market, and a fairly intuitive and complete one at that. Using powerful but simple controls, it’s easy to map out your floor plan, assign labels to rooms and even populate your spaces with furniture, colour and different materials. The planner is split into three sections – rooms (the construction phase), interior (including furniture, electronics and even people) and exterior (garage, plants and even a pool).
The system is entirely drag and drop, making it very easy to learn and even easier to get hooked. Once you’ve designed what looks like your perfect retreat you can hit the 3D button and gawp at your creation as it comes to life, enabling you to pan and move around as if you were suspended above a living model. Using this view you can take photos which you can then share via social networks and see what you friends think of your design skills.
- A complete home design package in your browser.
- Design the plan, interior and exterior.
- Hit the 3D button for a proper 3D preview of your design, bringing out features you might not otherwise notice in 2D view.
- Take pictures, browse the gallery of other designs and share your plans via social channels.
- Similar tools: FloorStyler, ProjectDragonfly, Buildy and SmallBluePrinter.
Check out Planner 5D @ Planner5D.com