Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Plagiarism is a serious offence – it can get a writer fired and a student expelled. Teachers and editors often have to check work submitted to them for plagiarism. To give them a hand in this, Plagiarisma was created.
Plagiarisma is a simple and free to use website that tests a given text for plagiarism. It does so by breaking down the text into various pieces and checking if those pieces can be found online on different websites. The search can be executed on Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search engines – it depends on your choice. The results are then displayed in a comprehensive and understandable manner.
You can enter text in three ways: by simply pasting/typing it, by entering the text’s URL, or by uploading a document file.
Thanks to yellow highlighting in the results, you will immediately find out if the text is unique.
If the text is not unique and matching results have been found online, then the URL of the matching results is displayed. The result stats are also displayed; these include the character and word count of the text, the number of unique sentences, and the percentage of text that has been plagiarized.
- Text plagiarism checker online
- Accepts simple text, URLs, and document files as inputs.
- Lets you conduct plagiarism tests across Google, Bing, and Yahoo!.
- Provides a comprehensive view of the test results and stats.
- Similar tools: Plagium, The Plagiarism Checker, PaperRate and Copyscape.
- Also read related articles:4 Easy Ways to Avoid Plagiarism on Your Blog
Plagiarism Checkers: 5 Free Websites To Catch The Copycats
Check out Plagiarisma @ www.plagiarisma.net