Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Photile is an Android app that lets you turn any picture into a grid of floating and sliding tiles and set it as your phone’s wallpaper. It provides various settings to adjust the look and feel of the moving tiles – you can change the tiles’ size, spacing and background colour, fading/sliding speed, or how the wallpaper reacts when you touch it (subtle or like an explosive shockwave) and other effects.
You can play around with different settings and save them as themes or, if you are lazy, check out the pre-installed themes to test-drive the effects. The app is free to download for Android phones.
Watch demo video below:
- Turn any picture into a grid of live floating picture android wallpaper.
- Change the size, spacing, shadows, and background color of the tiles.
- Change fading and sliding speed of the tiles.
- Save your effects or use pre-installed themes to test drive all the different settings.
- Free download for Android phones.
Check out Photile @ market.android.com/details?id=com.joko.photile&feature=search_result