Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Those yellow and pink Post-It Notes (“sticky notes”) are among the most loved office stationery items of all, and that love is why so many stick note apps exist, include sticky note apps for Windows. It’s a sign they haven’t outlived their usefulness yet.
NoteApp is a virtual sticky note that you can use for brainstorming or collaborating with teams in real-time. You just need a browser and an email address to sign up with.
Organize Your Thoughts on a Virtual Corkboard
Sticky notes are helpful because they can be visual aids, always in your face from wherever you tack them. They can be a simple to-do list and also a more elaborate Kanban board for your big project. It all depends on how you stack them together.
NoteApp is a digital avatar of the sticky note you can open anytime in your browser. The virtual corkboard makes organizing all your sticky notes a much cleaner affair. It has a few more features that you won’t find in its physical cousin.
Key features of NoteApp:
- You can change the color of the sticky notes.
- Resize the notes to any size by dragging the corners.
- The built-in chat helps to brainstorm with team members on the go.
- The board can be sized infinitely to hold as many sticky notes as you want.
- Boards are collaborative in real-time and you just have to share the board’s URL with others.
- Upload files and images by dragging and dropping them to your board.
- Attach PDFs and documents to notes, or create cool image galleries.
NoteApp also gives assurances about the security of any data. I couldn’t find any precise information on their security policy except the statement as under:
“As part of this system overhaul, we also completed our security review and implemented the latest best practices throughout the application. You can rest assured that your data is 100 percent safe when you use NoteApp in your business or at your school.”
NoteApp has different pricing plans based on the usage. The free tier should suffice if you are a solo user. It allows you to create one board and work in a two-person team.
Tell us if you think that sticky notes are timeless. Are they a good tool for streamlining your productivity? How do you use them?
Image Credit: KingJC via Shutterstock