Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Kodi is one of the best ways to watch classic movies, organize your locally-saved TV series and movies, and stream content to other screens in your home. But its real strength lies in its availability of add-ons.
The official Kodi repo boasts dozens of them, and there’s a near-endless supply of third-party content. However, not all Kodi add-ons are suitable for young eyes.
So, what can you do if you have kids who frequently stream media content on your Kodi device? Thankfully, Kodi comes with built-in parental controls. Let’s take a closer look.
How to Enable Parental Controls on Kodi
To turn on the parental controls and create a PIN, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Kodi app.
- Click on the Settings menu in the lower right-hand corner.
- Choose PVR and Live TV settings.
- In the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, select Parental Controls.
- Flick the toggle next to Enable into the On position.
- Click on Change PIN.
- Enter your desired lock code.
- Choose a duration of time before the channel will automatically re-lock itself.
Parental controls are just one of many hidden Kodi features. Here’s a list of a few other awesome features you might not know about:
- Share you Kodi library on multiple devices
- Set up a remote control for the Kodi app
- Watch live TV on Kodi
- Record live TV to watch later
- Play retro games on via Kodi on a Raspberry Pi
Image Credit: taromanaiai/Depositphotos