Internet users are entitled to their privacy and should be able to hide from others what websites they are viewing. But sometimes hiding this information becomes difficult because someone can simply walk to your desk and have a look at your computer screen. In such a situation either you can close the browser quickly and lose all open webpages or you can use a tool called PanicButton.
PanicButton is a browser extension for Google Chrome. The extension adds a new button to the browser’s address bar and offers you the option to set a hotkey for usage. Using the hotkey, you can quickly hide all open tabs and store their URLs in the extension. You can specify which page is loaded after the tabs are quickly hidden. The number on the extension’s icon indicates how many tabs have been hidden.
By clicking on the icon you can easily restore your tabs. Optionally you can set a password that is required before tabs are restored.
- A user-friendly browser extension.
- Compatible with Google Chrome.
- Lets you quickly hide all browser tabs.
- Lets you set a hotkey and a password.
- Similar tools: Tab Bundler and Start!.
- Also read related article: The 10 Best Extensions For Chrome Tab Management.
Check out PanicButton @ chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/faminaibgiklngmfpfbhmokfmnglamcm