Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
It is so hard not to waste time on sites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. More so because there is no easy way of tracking how much time you have actually wasted on different sites. All of this changes with a cool Firefox extension called PageAddict.
Once installed, it will show you how much time you have spent on each website. You can use tags to identify a certain group of websites and then put time restrictions on them. Your usage details are also displayed in an easy to read graph for a better picture. You can also choose to ignore a site from your report if you want.
Unlike what many would think, PageAddict completely protects your privacy and doesn’t send your data to any server/application; everything is stored locally on your browser.
- Monitor time spent on different websites.
- Generate reports and graphs.
- Put time restrictions on certain websites.
- Use tags to identify a set of websites.
- Similar tools: About:me and also see 5 Tools to Track How Much Time you Waste while Online.
Download PageAddict from Mozilla