Do you think you are a skilled speller? Does finding the right letters for every word you put on paper come naturally to you? Maybe you’re all talk, and I think you should prove it by trying out the Oxford Dictionaries Spelling Challenge. It allows you to test your spelling chops and prove if you are really a talented speller.
The program allows you to choose from three difficulty levels – tricky, difficult and fiendish. The words are read aloud, and you simply need to type what you hear and press enter. If you miss the word, you can click listen again to have the computer repeat the word.
You can choose to have your words in British English and US English. This allows everyone to make use of the program, regardless if they are from the UK or the United States.
- Spelling challenge by the Oxford Dictionary.
- Three difficulty levels.
- Score assessment at the end of the test.
- Share your results on Twitter and Facebook.
- US English and British English.
- Similar sites: TestYourVocab, Netspeak, PhraseUp, Phrays, Exemplar, Artwiculate, VocabSushi and WordSpy.
- Also read: 30+ Online Resources to Expand your English Vocabulary.
Find Oxford Dictionaries Spelling Challenge @ blog.oxforddictionaries.com/media/spelling-bee-2011