Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
There are lots of dictionaries online and offline to refer to when you have trouble deciphering a word. They don’t help though if a word or phrase has been created in the past few months. OpenDictionary is a project by Macmillian that helps you define these words.
In addition to seeing the meaning of these new terms like twittetiquate and lobat, you can also contribute to the OpenDictionary by suggesting a word and its meaning. Your entry will of course be first reviewed and probably even edited before it is published at the site. All the terms included in OpenDictionary seem to be of high quality and does not seem to include many slangs like some other user-generated dictionaries do.
- Find definitions of recently coined words or phrases.
- Search or browse through recent entries.
- Suggest a new word and its meaning.
- Example sentences included for each word.
- Includes date and country of submission for each term.
- No registration required.
Visit OpenDictionary @ www.macmillandictionary.com/open-dictionary/latestEntries.htm