OnlineOCR: Convert Scanned Documents to Editable Text
OnlineOCR is a free Optical Character Recognition (OCR) service lets you convert scanned documents to editable text file types including Microsoft Word, Excel, RTF, HTML and TXT. Simply upload your scanned document (PDF files, images etc) to the website, enter the Captcha code and hit “Recognize” button.
As a guest, you can upload files with up to 1 MB in size and 5 pages per hour. Registered users on the other hand can upload files up to 20 MB in size, store docs online, convert files in zip archives and more. The restriction for them is that only the first 5 documents are free to convert. Additional pages will cost you 0.1$ for every page.
- Convert scanned images into editable format.
- Recognizes documents in 28 languages.
- Handles documents in following formats: PDF (files including multi-page PDFs), TIF/TIFF (Multipage TIFFs supported), JPEG/JPG, BMP, PCX, PNG, GIF and ZIP.
- Output formats: PDF, MS Word (2003/XP, MS Excel (2003/XP), HTML, RTF and TXT.
- Free, no registration required. Conver files up to 1 MB in size and 5 pages per hour.
- Register to upload files up to 20MB in size, convert zip archives, multipage PDF files, choose recognition languages and output format.
- Similar tools: FineReaderOnline , Free-ORC and OCRTerminal .
Check out OnlineOCR @ www.onlineocr.net