Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
NewOCR is a web based tool that can recognize text from images or scanned documents and convert into editable text. The application is completely free, and the process of getting text from images is very easy.
To convert, simply upload your image file (JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and TIFF) which cannot exceed the size of 1MB. Resize and rotate it to achieve the best recognition results, and then click on “Send” button to start the process. Once completed, recognized text will be displayed at the bottom of the same page.
NewOCR supports 29 languages which include Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Extract text from scanned documents or images.
- Unlimited uploads, no registration, 100% secure.
- Supported image file formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and TIFF (any compression mode).
- Works with image files up to 1 MB in size.
- Multilingual support for 29 languages.
- Optimize image to achieve the best recognition results by resizing and rotation.
- Similar tools: OnlineOCR, FineReaderOnline, Free-ORC and OCRTerminal.
Check out NewOCR @ www.newocr.com