YouTube has finally added support for multi-user logins on its Roku app — and it is glorious! Logging in to multiple YouTube accounts on the Roku is a simple process that only requires a one-time setup. Once it’s done, you can easily switch between profiles on demand.
Setting Up Multiple YouTube Accounts on Roku
You probably already have one user logged in to the Roku YouTube app. To add another, do the following:
- Launch YouTube on Roku and pull up the YouTube menu by clicking the left arrow button.
- Scroll up to the username of the person who is logged in and click on it.
- This should pull up a new window that allows you to log into an additional account. Click Add account.
- The YouTube app will display the url youtube.com/activate and a code specific to your device.
- Visit the URL in the browser of your choice and if you’re not logged in to your YouTube account, you will be prompted to do so. Once you’re logged in, you can enter the code on the screen.
- Now you should be able to switch between accounts by going to the YouTube menu and clicking on the user’s profile picture.
If you live in a household with several people watching TV on your Roku, you probably already have personal profiles for Hulu, Netflix, and any other streaming services that support multiple logins. Because of that, getting personalized recommendations and keeping up with your favorite TV shows could not be easier.
With this latest update, YouTube can finally offer Roku users a similar experience. You can keep up with your subscriptions and get recommendations based on your viewing history.
This also means that whoever happened to be using their YouTube account for the home Roku, now doesn’t have to deal with recommendations from other family members following them around on YouTube on their phone, computer, or tablet.
Is this a feature you’ve been waiting for? What other improvements are you waiting to see Roku introduce? Let us know in the comments.