Interviews can be nerve-wracking affairs. The simplest questions that you did not prepare for can catch you off guard and ruin the flow of the conversation. Start giving interviews to prepare better. Or use mock interviews to face interviewers with confidence.
There are many resources online to help you get in the right frame of mind for a conversation with prospective employers. Here are several mock interview sites that can help you get ready for the big day.
The site name takes its inspiration from the phrase PRActice Makes Perfect. The idea behind the program is to teach a candidate how to prepare for a programming interview. You need to sign up for a free account to receive feedback on your interview from your peers.
- You are matched with interviewers based on your choice for a programming language.
- Interviews are live, one-on-one video sessions with the person you are matched with.
- A user alternates as both the interviewee and the interviewer, putting you on both sides of the interview desk to gain a deeper understanding of the process.
- You can take as many interviews as you want. The site stores your answers and creates a customized session based on the information.
- You can customize a session to focus more on specific areas you want to improve on.
Create a profile with the details of your professional qualifications. Choose a time slot for the interview and receive a curated list of material to study for the session. After giving the mock-interview, you will receive comprehensive feedback on your performance and a link to the recording of the interview.
- No need to download any software to use the site.
- A detailed scorecard specifies your areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Use the recorded interview to evaluate your performance.
- Curated resources help you prepare for interviews.
Price: $15 per user
Gainlo is an interview preparation resource for engineering students. Professional interviewers conduct mock interviews and provide feedback on your performance.
- Interviews are on Skype and also use code-sharing tools.
- You get feedback immediately at the end of the interview and can ask any questions on your end that you might have.
- The site also has a blogging section that carries many useful tips regarding job hunting. Like ways to research a company before you sit down for a job interview.
Price: Price per interview varies depending on the interviewer
On InterviewBit, you get a series of interview questions for practice. Pay attention to the advice on how to give the right answers to these questions.
- You can get referrals to actual tech companies if your profile matches the needs of a company.
- You receive an organized plan to study interview questions in order of difficulty.
- Access to questions asked to previous candidates by the top tech companies.
- Get help with debugging your code from the community of members of the site.
The program offers anonymous technical interview practice with actual engineers from across a host of top tech companies, from Google to Facebook, Microsoft, and more. You receive help with preparing for interviews and also have the opportunity to make valuable connections with professionals in the field.
- If the anonymous interview session goes well, there is the possibility of getting in touch with your interviewer using your real name and credentials and getting a job offer.
- Interviews have voice communication but the option of no video, so you can control the level of anonymity.
- You receive feedback on your performance and suggestions on how to improve.
You get to practice your interview skills in front of a panel of professional engineers. Many of them have worked for the largest tech companies and conducted many actual interviews.
- After the interview, you get a detailed hiring result that consists of verbal and written feedback on your performance.
Price: Price per session: $109 for Coding, $129 for System Design, and $159 for Data Science
You create an account on the Prepbunk website and fill in a form regarding your professional details. The form gets submitted to the team behind the site. You then arrange to appear for a mock interview, either over the phone or Skype. A site team evaluates your performance in the interview and provide a detailed performance analysis.
- You’re interviewed by industry professionals instead of a simulator.
- You can also opt for a mock interview without any feedback if you prefer self-assessment.
- A three weeks course is offered by the site to provide you with a step-by-step guide to improving your interview performance.
You interact with an interview simulator. An interview script appears before you in the form of one question at a time. You must answer in a set amount of time. The time limit is meant to replicate the pressure experienced during an actual interview.
- No software download required.
- Interviews are reviewed by your peers.
- Answer a series of handpicked questions that don’t repeat but challenge you differently each time.
- Study a recording of your interview performance afterward.
- You can add your own interview questions to the simulator.
- Interviews relating to more than twelve different industries are available to practice with.
Price: $14.99/mo Premium membership with free trial
More Tools to Help Prepare for the Big Interview
The biggest hurdle to clear an interview you are qualified for is lack of preparation and nervousness. Mock interviews can be a great way to bolster both.
There are other ways to get ready for a job opening without spending a dime. So get supercharged for your next hunt with these free tools.
Image Credit: nd3000/Depositphotos