The Internet has provided a whole new world of possibilities with peer-to-peer platforms that allow individuals to provide financial assistance to those in need. Microgiving is a crowd funding and philanthropy website that aims to expand this concept further with the concept of microdonations, where people can raise money online to fund a project, cause or entrepreneurial idea and give a percentage of what they receive to people who are in need. Microgiving allows anyone to create either donor or recipient accounts and facilitate charity projects online.
With this tool, you can browse through profiles and projects where you can contribute for as little as $5. You can also create a recipient account and post a fundraiser request or a hardship request. Fundraiser requests are for those people who are trying to raise funds for a project, cause, or idea, for instance, artists, entrepreneurs, designers, charities, and the like. Hardship requests on the other hand are for people who are trying to overcome financial trials.
Microgiving is a one-of-a-kind philanthropy website that provides a more personal channel among donors and recipients, bringing them closer to each other and allowing them to cultivate touching relationships.
- Donate to fund various causes, projects, ideas, and fundraisers.
- Request financial assistance via microdonations from other people for projects, causes, and economic hardships.
- Displays how much money has been raised as well as who have donated.
- Share fundraisers to other people using Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, and StumbleUpon.
- Communicate with the people involved by writing a comment on the fundraiser page.
- Similar tools: Flattr, or read 6 Charities That You Can Just Text To Donate.
Check out Microgiving @ www.microgiving.com [No Longer Available]