Medpedia: Online Encyclopedia Of Medicine
Medpedia is an online encyclopedia of medicine. Call it the “Wikipedia of Medicine”. Unlike Wikipedia, contributions are made by medical professionals whose backgrounds are thoroughly checked and verified before granting them Editor’s privileges. Currently site lists 796 professional Editors. It aims to become a complete medical web platform to the industry by 2014.
Each article has a Lead Editor who monitors changes and edits made to the article. An article can be viewed in 2 types : Plain english – for lay people and Clinical – for Medical professionals, with most entries currently presented in Plain english.
If you are not a Medical professional but want to contribute, you can suggest a change that has to be approved by an Editor to get added to the article. Members can join Groups, Communities of specific areas of expertise or just get listed in the Professionals Directory.
- Encyclopedia of medical knowledge contributed and edited by professionals.
- Created with the support of prominent institutions including Harvard Medical School, Standford School of Medicine and others.
- Currently lists 796 Professional Editors.
- Editors are Certified physicians or have a PHD in biomedical field.
- Members can join Groups, Communities of specific areas of expertise or just get listed in the Professionals Directory.
- Anyone can suggest a change, but only editors can approve it.
Check out Medpedia @ www.medpedia.com
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.