Facebook has launched Avatars in the US. This feature has been available in other parts of the world for several months, but if you’re American you can also now make your own Facebook Avatar. And in this short article, we explain how to do just that.
What Are Facebook Avatars?
Avatars are graphical representations of users, and an alternative to real-life photographs. Avatars have been a thing for as long as the internet existed, with people choosing an image they want to represent themselves online.
Logged into Facebook.
Saw everyone was posting avatars.
Logged right off.
— Becca (@BSnapz2019) May 17, 2020
Facebook Avatars are the latest manifestation of this craze. And they are essentially a cartoon version of yourself you can use on Facebook. Once you have created your Facebook Avatar you can use one of the many Avatar stickers to comment on posts.
How to Make Your Facebook Avatar
To make your own Facebook Avatar, just do the following:
- Open the Facebook app on Android or iOS.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to “See More” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Avatars” (if you can’t see it, you haven’t got access yet).
- Tap “Next” and then “Get Started”.
- Create your avatar by tapping on each section in turn.
- You can click back on any section at any time.
- When you’re happy with your choices, tap the check mark in the top-right.
- Tap “Next” and then “Done”.
- Tap the arrow sign in the top-right to show your Facebook Avatar off.
You can use your Facebook Avatar as your profile picture, share it to your feed, or use it when commenting on other people’s posts. To do that, tap the smiley face next to the GIF icon and then the avatar icon. You can then choose the perfect avatar sticker.
You can modify your Facebook Avatar at any time by tapping on the “Avatars” section in the menu. This time, Facebook will load up your existing avatar, so just click on the pencil icon to edit your avatar. You can also delete your avatar by clicking the trash icon.
Facebook Avatars Are the New Bitmoji
Facebook’s Avatars aren’t exactly an original idea. People were making Yahoo avatars over a decade ago, and then there’s Snap’s Bitmoji. So, once you have made your own Facebook Avatar, you should learn all about Bitmoji, and how to make your own .
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.