Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
A YouTube playlist is a wonderful way to organize videos around a common theme. Collect your favorite videos and turn YouTube into a powerful music player. Or build educational playlists to master a subject.
But why do it all alone? YouTube allows you to make collaborative playlists with others. Do it right and you can turn them into a never-ending mixtape of videos that you can share with friends and family.
How to Make a Collaborative Playlist on YouTube
Let’s start by assuming that you have already made your first playlist by clicking the Add To button below a video. Then select Create new playlist and give it an appropriate name. All playlists can be managed from the central dashboard called the Creator Studio.
- Click the icon for your account on the top-right. Then, click on Creator Studio.
- From the left sidebar, select Video Manager > Playlists.
- Choose a playlist that you would like to convert to a collaborative playlist. Click the Edit button.
- Again, click the Edit option next to your account name.
- Now, you have to change the privacy setting to turn a private playlist into a collaborative one. Click the lock icon just below the name of the playlist.
- In the next step, a dialog box with three tabs is displayed. Under the Basic tab, change the privacy to Unlisted or Public.
Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose.
Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link.
Public videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
- Now, go to the Collaborate tab and toggle the switch for Collaborators can add videos to this playlist. Click the Get link button and share it with your collaborators.
You cannot mine the millions of YouTube videos alone. A collaborative playlist makes it easier to go into the depths of YouTube without actually sharing videos individually.