Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
You try out new places and things if your friends have recommended them. Therefore you need a tool that lets you see which restaurants, movies, music, etc, your friends have recommended. Here to do that is an app called Livestar.
Livestar is a free to use smartphone app compatible with iOS devices. Sized at nearly 3 MB, the app runs on iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad devices running iOS 4.3 or later. When you run the app, you will find recommendations from top critics in your area. You can easily invite friends from Facebook and get their opinions, even if they do not have the application installed.
The app also lets you answer friends’ questions and ask your own. If you accumulate enough followers, you might even get featured by the app and share your opinion with all Livestar users.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with iOS devices.
- Lets you get friends’ opinions about restaurants, movies, music, etc.
- Even works if your friends do not have Livestar installed.
- Also read related articles: 4 Amazing Apps To Help You Find The Next Great Place To Eat, 5 Best Location-Based Alternatives to Foursquare and 10 Apps To Turn iPhone Into Your Best Travel Companion.
Check out Livestar @ itunes.apple.com/us/app/livestar/id534108700?ls=1&mt=8 [No Longer Available]