LinkPeelr: Short Link Expander (Chrome Add-on)
If you use Twitter regularly then your home screen is probably crawling with shortened URLs. The trouble with such URLs is that you have no clue of where they lead to. To find this out without visiting the URL, you can use short link expander LinkPeelr.
LinkPeelr is a free web service that expands the shortened URL into its original URL. All you have to do is enter the shortened URL in the area provided on LinkPeelr’s homepage and then click on the “Peel” button. Chrome users can opt for the LinkPeelr extension for Chrome. This extension displays the original URL each time you hover the mouse pointer over a shortened a URL.
It also places a new icon in the address bar from where you can find how many links you have “peeled.”
- A user friendly web service.
- Lets you expand shortened URLs.
- Offers a Chrome extension.
- Extension expands shortened URLs in floating window.
- Extension lets you track the number of links you peeled.
- Similar tools: Cooliris, Unhid, and .
Check out LinkPeelr @ linkpeelr.appspot.com or chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ahhcmjnfhbpgagklnjhlcabnbcdgipje