Did You Know You Can Print Notes From Evernote’s Mobile Apps?
Printing from Evernote on your phone or tablet is not only possible but actually quite easy. It’s a useful feature, but it’s a shame that it’s hidden and easy to miss.
Printing on iOS
To print from Evernote on your iOS device, open up the note and tap the button with three circles in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Tapping Share will pull up the iOS menu with the options to share the note via various apps or AirDrop. You should also see a Print button in that menu.
Tapping the print button will open up another screen where you can select your printer, and choose the number of copies and the range.
Unfortunately, this feature will work only with AirPrint printers, so if you do not have access to a compatible printer, you will have to use a workaround . Third-party app Printer Pro, for example, makes it pretty easy to print from your phone but will set you back $6.99. They also provide a free version of the app to make sure that your printer is compatible with the app before shelling out the money.
Evernote on Android
Evernote on Android doesn’t have a native print function, but there is a workaround suggested by an Evernote employee, that will require a little setup on your part. These are the instructions he provides:
- Set up a Google Cloud Printer and download the Google Cloud Print application from the Google Play Store.
- Go into the note you want to print inside of the Evernote application on your Android device.
- Once inside the note go up to the top right of the Evernote application and tap on the three dots and the side menu will pop up.
- Select Share > Post a link > Copy URL.
- Go into Chrome on your device and paste the link in the URL bar and the note should load up after pressing enter.
- Tap on the three dots in the right corner and choose Print.
- Select the printer and print.
Do you have any tips or tricks on how to print from Evernote on the go? Let us know in the comments.
Image Credit: FabrikaSimf via Shutterstock