It’s a common enough question: “Do Chrome extensions work on the mobile?” Sadly, the answer is… they don’t. And there doesn’t seem to be any plan to introduce that possibility.
But what do you do if you come across a great Chrome extension while browsing on your mobile and want to install it on your desktop? Well, there’s a way to do that, and it is easy! This method works on Chrome for both Android and iOS.
How to Install Chrome Extensions on PC From Mobile
- Log into Chrome on your phone with the same Google account you use on your desktop.
- Open Chrome on your phone. Use Google Search to find the extension you want.
- Tap the blue Add to Desktop button.
- Again, in the window that appears, tap the green Add to Desktop button.
- The next time you open Chrome on your computer, you’ll see an alert that an extension was installed remotely.
In some cases, you’ll also see the permissions the extension needs. To grant permissions and use the extension, click Enable extension.
The ability to install extensions on the go becomes useful when you come across a cool extension in an article or from a search result. You might also want to share the find with a friend too. In that case, tap the Share icon next to the Add to Desktop button and send them an email. Also, you can send an email to yourself too if you don’t want to install the extension right now.
The only hitch is that you can’t browse the Chrome Web Store from the mobile screen yet. The Web Store page tells you to send yourself a reminder to visit the store the next time you are on your computer. Now, you don’t need to. Just install the extension from your mobile and use it on the desktop.