HTTPS connections have clear benefits over HTTP ones. With HTTPS you get a higher level of security because data sent and received is encrypted; 3rd party services cannot decrypt this data and learn about your activities.
Moreover, HTTPS sometimes lets you access a site inaccessible on your network. To take advantage of what HTTPS has to offer, you can use HTTPS Everywhere.
HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox add-on that lets you use HTTPS instead of HTTP when it possible. The add-on includes a list of websites; whenever you visit any site on the list, the add-on automatically shifts the connection from HTTP to HTTPS.
Supported sites include Google Search, Wikipedia, Twitter, Identi.ca, Facebook, EFF, Tor, Ixquick, DuckDuckGo and Scroogle, amongst others. By default, all of these sites are activated to switch over to HTTPS automatically.
If you feel that a site is not providing full functionality over the HTTPS connection, you can access the add-on’s options to disable this feature for any site on the list.
- Always use HTTPS (Firefox Addon)
- Works on the Firefox browser as an add-on.
- HTTPS connections are enabled automatically for many popular websites.
- Adds a great level of security to your web browsing.
- At times this add-on can help open sites that are temporarily blocked or inaccessible on your network.
- Supported sites include a good number of popular websites.
- You can choose to disable / enable any website you want.
- Similar tools: WhatBlocked and CTunnel. , Unblockall,
- Also read related articles:How to Tunnel Web Traffic with SSH Secure Shell
Access Blocked Websites using Proxy Servers
How to Bypass Firewalls & Get into Blocked Websites in School or at Work with FreeProxy (Windows)
5 Methods To Bypass Blocked Sites
Get HTTPS Everywhere for Firefox @ HTTPs Everywhere Firefox Extension