Hulu and are two great websites for watching high quality movies and TV shows. Both offer plenty of movies (see and ) and a number of currently popular TV shows to choose from. You can even get watche latest epsiodes for popular TV shows like Heroes, and – all without paying a dime.
There is nothing to download or install, just find what you want to watch, hit the full-screen button and enjoy. The only problem is that both sites are US-only and not available for users from outside United States. And that’s exactly what this post is all about, how to watch Hulu and Sling videos from outside United States
Hotspot Shield and UltraSurf
There are two free apps that can help you access Hulu, Sling and any other US-only website even if you’re located outside the United States. These are Hotspot Shield and . Both are free and very easy to setup.
I had a few problems with getting UltraSurf to work, so I will just focus on Hotspot Shield here. Although it might be different in your case, while one works for some it doesn’t work for others, so just try both of them. UltraSurf is easier to setup so better try it first. If it doesn’t work then try Hotspot Shield.
Installing Hotspot Shield
Here is what I would get when trying to watch latest episode of Heroes before installing Hotspot Shield. The message goes: “We’re sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States …”
And that’s what I got once the Hotspot Shield was up and running.
So, how do you set it up?
- 1. Go to
- and download Hotspot Shield (
- ). You might want to consider
2. Extract the package contents and run the setup file.
3. Once it’s finished installing, you should notice a new red icon on your Windows Taskbar.
4. Right-click on the icon and select “Connect” option.
5. This will open a new browser window where Hotspot will try to connect your computer to a network that it will be using to mask your location and subsequently access Hulu and alike US only sites.
6. If everything goes right, in about 10-20 seconds you should be connected.
7. Done! Direct you browser either to Hulu or Sling and check it out.
Make sure to disconnect (right click on the Hotspot shield icon in the taskbar) when you’re done watching stuff or you will see a extra banner ad on top every website you visit.
Are you aware of any other tricks or similar tools that can bypass filters on sites like Hulu, Sling or Pandora? Let us know in comments.